Wednesday, October 3, 2007

back again!

apologies for the posting slowdown, all -- had a surprise visit from the queen mum, who arrived last wednesday and stayed through the weekend.

must share one jolly bit -- while getting dressed at 8am i heard her walk into my room saying "just am gonna ask you: when are you going to settle down, get married, and have babies??" to which i had to sit down and hold the sides of my head together (ha ha, ha) to keep it from splitting right in two. much madcap hilarity ensues, and i went to work entirely askew. later that evening, on further prodding, turns out she *actually* said "just so you know, i'm *not* gonna ask you when..." etc. babies etc. marriage. the first part was drowned out by the air-conditioner, OR SO SHE CLAIMS. crafty mum, she brought it up *without* bringing it up, in an attempt to spare me the stress of wondering when she was going to bring it up. she's a wily clever one. and she loves me just the way i am. :)

QM accompanied me somewhat hesitantly to crafty bastards here in dc, a marvelous time, and now she's safely returned to the far south and i am back in business!

1 comment:

hello readers -- thank you so much for your thoughts! I do my best to respond, please know I appreciate and read them all.

with that said: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SPAM COMMENTS. It takes your time to write and my time to delete, and I will delete every one of them.
書かないで下さい SPAM。 私はそれを削除します。 ありがとう。

(comments made more than 2 weeks after posting are moderated to cut down on spam -- thanks for your patience!)

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnails