Monday, January 10, 2011

happy new year!

Vintage Atlas Thank You Envelope Seals kisforcalligraphy
{ vintage atlas "thank you" envelope seals by kisforcalligraphy }

a funny thing about thank-you notes: the longer you wait to write them, the more spectacularly moving and heartfelt you feel they should be. at least that's how i feel: since it it has taken me this long, it had *best* be a serious literary gratitudinal magnum opus. which... makes it take longer, you know?

the same could apply for blogging: the longer it takes one to post after a break, the more pressure there is to for god's sake make it a good comeback, at least.

so i've decided not to worry about it. am back from my annual holiday hiatus, extended by our honeymoon in november, and here i am again. whee!

a belated happy new year, friends -- am wishing you all love, health, peace, rest, sanity, laughter, and adventure for 2011. more to come!

xo
jen

2 comments:

  1. glad you're back and no grandiose post needed. this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I love your blog. Have just spent the last hour (oh my, I really should do some work now!) reading it and it has given me some great ideas.

    As we're having the first lesbian wedding our guests have ever attended I feel some pressure to make it grandoise, or at the least quirky and thoughtful and these etsy finds will really help!

    ReplyDelete

hello readers -- thank you so much for your thoughts! I do my best to respond, please know I appreciate and read them all.

with that said: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SPAM COMMENTS. It takes your time to write and my time to delete, and I will delete every one of them.
書かないで下さい SPAM。 私はそれを削除します。 ありがとう。

(comments made more than 2 weeks after posting are moderated to cut down on spam -- thanks for your patience!)

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnails