Friday, February 15, 2008

DBA: MIA

hello friends! wanted to write a quick note to address a recent question: whatever happened to the david's bridal awards? (backstory: what's a DBA?)

first, let me say that thousands of dollars in therapy later i've worked off most of the angst over the giant, bright-red, strapless, embroidered, ruched satin ballgown my sister selected from david's. oh, and it had sequins {{twitch}}.
it ended up just fine. lovely, even. plus now i have the *perfect* julia-roberts-as-pretty-woman halloween costume.

second, i had *no* idea so many people would actually visit this corner of the internet (thanks, by the way!). my goal: highlight amazing independent artists, and connect savvy independent people who want to inject more character into one of life's major events. etsy has helped me so much with my own business -- this is my community service in return. so why (other than the vast untapped well of humor) belittle other people's artfully crafted goods, even if i would never buy them? someone will very likely *love* a cammo deerhunting garter.

so: DBA. bad karma or all in good fun? might as well leave the bitchiness to political pundits and TMZ, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello readers -- thank you so much for your thoughts! I do my best to respond, please know I appreciate and read them all.

with that said: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SPAM COMMENTS. It takes your time to write and my time to delete, and I will delete every one of them.
書かないで下さい SPAM。 私はそれを削除します。 ありがとう。

(comments made more than 2 weeks after posting are moderated to cut down on spam -- thanks for your patience!)

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnails