Saturday, June 2, 2007

figsandginger: metalsmithed jewelry


sterling bird on a wire necklace

another sentimental post: not only does rhonda of figs and ginger have talent in spades, she also has what sounds like a ridiculously fun marriage to musician elijah -- each has their own etsy store, a shared etsy store, and www.shareanumbrella.com, where they donate 10% of proceeds to charity.

that's the "for better" -- the for worse part is elijah is going in this month for a kidney transplant. was just minding my own business, shopping along, and came across the evidence of a bright young marriage struggling with a tough time, and it really struck me -- so i thought a great gift for a bride-to-be would be rhonda's heirloom-quality bird on a wire necklace. for me, the precarious balance speaks to the immense fragility and immense strength of happiness, the work it takes to find and keep love, and the fleeting moments we share and should hold on to. making myself tear up a little.

the best of wishes and good health to rhonda and elijah! more at figsandginger.etsy.com, eliandra.etsy.com, and elijahwyman.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello readers -- thank you so much for your thoughts! I do my best to respond, please know I appreciate and read them all.

with that said: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SPAM COMMENTS. It takes your time to write and my time to delete, and I will delete every one of them.
書かないで下さい SPAM。 私はそれを削除します。 ありがとう。

(comments made more than 2 weeks after posting are moderated to cut down on spam -- thanks for your patience!)

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnails