Saturday, June 14, 2008

a little saturday game of post tag

have seen this before on other blogs but this is the first time anyone's told me i've been 'tagged'. first, it's incredibly flattering, so -- thanks! am a bit oblivious about these sorts of things.

second, i must tell you all that i once received the best chain letter ever: it was a chain letter absolutely and forever absolving me of all future chain letters. permanent protection from bad luck/oppressive guilt/excruciating death of self or loved ones/shattered dreams/bad karma/bad sex (!) etc. etc. sweet mercy, the *countless* emails this has saved me.

all that to say -- am happy to take part! and you'll forgive me if i break the rules, because -- hey! the chain letter in 1993 said i could. ;)

so E at weddingbydesign tagged me, and she's a loyal reader, so here goes!

-----
The rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leave a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

ten years ago was... 1998. dating a rocket scientist, leaving safety harbor (no lie!) for boston, and starting an MFA program in creative writing. a great year, full of change and of starting to be who i am.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list?

today:
1. fill these 3 back orders already. sheesh!
2. buy tix to see my pregnant sister before she's too huge to leave the house
3. finish/email business card designs for photographer friend in portland
4. go see artomatic and indy
5. upload + send to friends some of the grillion photos from traveling the last month

3. Snacks I enjoy?

there is no such thing as a snack i don't enjoy.


4. Places I’ve lived?

south texas, austin, tampa, durham, florence italy, oxford UK, boston, san francisco, dc.

5. Bad habits

all of them.

6. Things I’d do if I were a billionaire?

good lord, other than travel everywhere on earth?

1. keep doing what i'm doing, with less worry. (!!)
2. buy warehouses, rehab them just enough, and create subsidized artists co-ops.
3. finally, finally pay off my student loans. and my sister's. and all my friends'. and all my little brother and sisters's college on the sly. :)
4. endow the financial aid program at my high school -- they paid for my education when we had nothing. would be so great to give someone else that opportunity.
5. create a huge foundation to support the pendulum project, working with children orphaned by AIDS in sub-saharan africa; the international healing project (website to come, blog here), supporting children still afflicted by agent-orange-related birth defects in vietnam; and heifer and all my other friends who dream big and do amazing things around the globe.

(sadly i could write about this question all day -- go back to school! volunteer! am full of wants, it seems :)

so now i'm supposed to tag someone. does anyone want to be tagged? let me know and i will do the honors!

{update 18.june: yes! blind irish pirate. anyone else?}

2 comments:

hello readers -- thank you so much for your thoughts! I do my best to respond, please know I appreciate and read them all.

with that said: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SPAM COMMENTS. It takes your time to write and my time to delete, and I will delete every one of them.
書かないで下さい SPAM。 私はそれを削除します。 ありがとう。

(comments made more than 2 weeks after posting are moderated to cut down on spam -- thanks for your patience!)

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnails